Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim Simulation Speed Question

Hi, I'm hoping that someone will know the answer to this question regarding the simulation speed on multisim 8. This is a great simulation tool for electronics but it has one major drawback – the documentation doesn't seem to cover everything, or if it does then it is in too much detail.

What I am trying to do is run the simulation in realtime. The software is great for "slow speed" where a circuit can be diagnosed but what happens if you want to see the circuit run as if it has been built in real life?

Looking at the settings, I can see that you can change the maximum time the simulation runs for and limit the maximum step that can be taken, but there is nothing that I can find that indicates the speed at which the simulation is to be run at.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Ota

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(9,633 Views)

Hi Ota,

Unfortunatelly the simulation can't actually be set so that it runs in "real time". 

This is due to the processing power that is needed at every step in the simulation.  You will find however that the better computer specifications, the quicker the simulation (closer to realtime).

Also much simpler curcuits yeild much quicker simulation times.  Here is a simple example.  BarGraph simulates at a much higher speed than randgen.

Thanx

AdamB

Applications Engineering Team Leader | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(9,628 Views)