Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EtherNet/IP

Hello, I am a total beginner to Labview and EtherNet/IP and I am trying to communicate with the attached product in LabView. It's an ethernet node that controls solenoid valves. My problem is that I have no idea how to control this thing through labview. I can control the solenoids when I login into it's webpage by searching its ip address but the end goal is to run a labview program that will control them. I have downloaded the "NI-Industrial Communications for Ethernet/IP" package and have messed around with it but no hope. I am wondering if it is possible at all to accomplish this task and if I am headed in the right direction. 

Some key takeaways from the user manual.

1. "The various Object Instance Attribute ( specified in the following chapters can be read and/or written by means of explicit messages An OIA Object is accessible as Class ID 100 0 x 64 The instances number of the OIAs are identical to the OIA number Attribute 5 represents the data of the OIA"

2. Top of page 9 in the manual it talks about Consumer and Producer Assembly Instances, Data Lengths, Transport Types, and says the device accepts "an Exclusive Owner Connection with the parameters shown in the table below"

I did find one example that I thought had some promise but I haven't made any valves turn on with it yet, it's attached as well.

If anyone has experience with a project similar to this some help would be VERY appreciated, this has been driving me nuts.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(117 Views)