InstrumentStudio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a .measconfig file in InstrumetStudio

In this link: https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/ecu-ts-toolkit-help/page/istudio-to-teststand-workflow.html there are steps about how to import measurement configurations on PXI instruments to TestStand. There is this apply pin config step where you can choose the .measconfig file that you created in InstrumentStudio. I can’t find where can I export this file type and any further information about this topic.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(432 Views)

The file extensions vary by device, ".measconfig" is a way to generically refer to them, but as an example, NI-DCPower uses a ".nidcpowerconfig" extension.

I suggest you start by taking a look at https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/instrumentstudio/page/export-config.html as a starting point.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(382 Views)

2024-04-08_09h22_27.png

 If you download this toolkit, in the examples map you can see that measconfig is a file type generated from Instrumentstudio which contains the SMU measurements. You can set this file in an apply pin configuration step in teststand to reach the measurements as I described it to you many times. My question is how to export this file type.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(359 Views)

The ability to export a .measconfig file from InstrumentStudio to TestStand is currently a ECUTS specific work flow. When ECUTS is installed and their is a pin map configured in the InstrumentStudio project, the Export to TestStand command will produce a .measconfig file instead of an .instudiotask file. The two files are similar in concept, but the .measconfig file contains instrument configuration in a "pin centric" format that is more portable and scales to multi-site testing for parallel test. ECUTS then installs custom TestStand step types for applying the configuration in the .measconfig file as well as performing measurements for various instruments like a scope, dmm, function generator, etc. If that work flow is what is desired, you would need to purchase the ECUTS software bundle to access it. Otherwise, you would have to write code modules in your preferred language to call from TestStand in order to perform the actual measurements.

Message 4 of 4
(345 Views)